This is stolen from the lovely Kori. She posted hers last week, and allowed anyone to steal this by tagging themselves. Consider me tagged.
1. I feel lighter than I have in four years. Shit, maybe more. With the weight of my job lifted from me, I feel like I am walking on goddamn air. Every time I think of something work related that would have had my stomach in knots and my hands wringing themselves, I smile instead. And I breathe deeply and my shoulders relax. There is nothing better.
2. My birthday is in 9 days from today. I will be twenty-nine years old. This is my last birthday before I turn thirty. This concept causes me to wonder were the hell my twenties went. Maybe I should check under the couch.
3. I am about to embark on a journey to New York City. Even though it will be most brief, I cannot wait. I have spent a great deal of time fantasizing about what our stay will be like. In order to punish me for this, my mind has devised some rather clever nightmares. I keep dreaming that the trip has come and gone, and I that I already back home again. The problem is that I can't remember the trip I took at ALL. I can't figure out how I could have gone to New York City and not have a single memory of it. That dreams sucks, but waking up and realizing that it is a dream - rocks.
4. I have an obsession. I am obsessed with make-up. No, I'm not one of those loons that can't leave the house without their "face on". I am in fact regularly seen in public without so much as lip gloss. What I am obsessed with is the buying of makeup and the WANTING to buy makeup (more of the latter). But don't get me wrong, I DO wear the stuff. Mostly on the weekends when I have the most time to devote to putting in on. There is just something so wonderful about feeling fully made up to me.
5. Growing up I was obsessed with Barbies. My grandmother, who I have written about before HERE catered to my obsession as I was her only grand child. I had the barbie dream house (with a pull string elevator which I thought was THE height of coolness). At some point she had a friend who made custom barbie furniture and she commissioned her to make some for me. I had a red-white-and-blue living room set and an all-red, lace and satin, heart-shaped Barbie bed. That was used for when Barbie felt like sluttin' around. Which, as I recall, she did quite often.
6. I am one of the palest people you will ever met. White sheets look tan next to me.
7. I never thought that I would enjoy blogging nearly as much as I do. I had no idea how much I had missed writing.
8. I have an animal addiction. My small house contains three dogs, two humans, and one cat. And believe me, if I didn't think that someone would call the city on me (or the nut-house) I would go out and get another dog TODAY. I am so going to be one of those old women that gets found living in a house with 79 feral cats one day, claiming to 'love' the smell.
9. My favorite colors are black, green, and silver. My least favorites are orange, yellow, and white.
10. I can't play the lottery, because when I do I actually get my hopes up about winning, even though I know what kind of odds I am up against. When I inevitably do not win, I feel very disappointed. I must be a bigger optimist that I thought I was.
11. Despite the fact that almost all of my blogging buddies are female (and QUITE dear to me), I don't have female friends in real life. Well, I have two female friends actually, but I wouldn't say that either one is really a "girly girl" at all. I don't know what it is about my personality that causes this, but it certainly must be something. Nearly all of my close friends are males.
So, my dears, tell me a truth about you? Could be something secret or just something silly. I would love to hear anything you wish to share with me. I hope you are all feeling fine and well today.
A “Special” Amnio
40 minutes ago